...being an account of one hopeful young(ish) performer's adventures on the road to stardom. Or at least a paying job.

Monday, February 14, 2011

I. Hate. Paperwork.

Bureaucracy is my enemy. I swear, I've filled out so many forms and sent so many emails in the past few weeks it's no wonder I woke up with a killer migraine at 5.30am this morning. My brother, who was still up (omg deadbeat) looked at me strangely as I headed to the freezer for an icepack to soothe my throbbing head. 


I thought I'd escaped pointless forms and ridiculous requirements when I left China, but no - even my Chinese bank account has been blocked (yes, I entered the wrong PIN - whatever) and I have to print, sign scan and email ANOTHER stupid form to get another PIN. 


That's before I had to deal with the British Home Office. After my emails about my British Passport application went unanswered, I called up, and after being disconnected and told to call the number that I'd originally dialled twice, I finally chanced upon a human being who really wasn't much help anyway. 


So, back to the plan of getting my passport when I actually arrive in the UK. Unfortunately, for this I needed even MORE forms and documents - birth certificates and such - and there were yet more forms to fill out to obtain these. 


AAAARGH!


Thankfully, my own Birth Certificate was pretty painless to get - just gad to go down to the local registry with a completed form and my passport and they printed it out for me on the spot. YAY!


Glad to find that some things can be easy... 

No comments:

Post a Comment