...being an account of one hopeful young(ish) performer's adventures on the road to stardom. Or at least a paying job.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Preparations, introductions... whatever.

Ok, so - I graduated from Drama School (yes, those are capital letters) a year ago, and after getting my first performing job (in CHINA... I don't wanna talk about it) I've decided to throw caution to the wind and head to London to try my luck amongst the hundreds, ok thousands, of other hopefuls trying to make their living in the performing arts.


Some may say I'm a dreamer...


Whatever, John Lennon - I'm going, and you can't stop me cos you're dead. Yes. So, before I get assassinated myself by rabid Lennon fans, I feel I must explain. Being Australian, and therefore stricken with the probably genetic desire to visit the 'Old Country', I've picked London as my base of operations from which to launch my path to ultimate Thespian Glory. I leave in approximately three weeks.


This doesn't give me a lot of time. Shit.


Luckily I'm armed with the means to obtain a coveted British Passport (cue Angelic choir), which I'll get when I arrive. My passport photos don't look too bad, which is a good sign.


Speaking of good signs, the timing of my adventure has quite unintentionally turned out to be quite Auspicious (I've got a bit superstitious from living in China). Completely by accident, the date I arrived back in Australia coincided with Chinese New Year (kung hei fat choi!), and the day I arrive in the UK is also the first day of Spring. Pretty cool huh?


I'm feeling good about this, guys! New year, new season, new LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment